[cabfpub] Proposed Bylaws Sec. 5.3.1(f) - Default procedures for new Chartered Working Groups

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Oct 16 05:55:21 UTC 2018

Kirk,

I'm afraid that wasn't my question, nor was it a suggestion.

It sounds like you haven't done what was discussed - an evaluation of the
bylaws. I'm hoping you can make a more compelling case that these will
address the issues. One way to make such a compelling case is to highlight
"The Bylaws require CWGs specify how to address X, Y, Z in their charters.
Here are samples we can use to address Y and Z in a generic way". This was
the path discussed as a positive step forward, and it does not appear this
does it.

For example, your proposal is clearly deficient and fails to address what
was discussed - such as how the formation of subcommittees is done, which
the Bylaws call for in 5.3.1(e). This is the problem with rushing to
provide language, and ignoring the discussions on possible paths forward -
it easily leads to avoidable mistakes.