[cabfpub] For Discussion: S/MIME Working Group Charter

Moudrick M. Dadashov md at ssc.lt
Wed May 23 23:34:05 UTC 2018

All three (clentAuth and S/MIME) use scenarios are essentially different.

Validation requirements for issuing signing/encryption certificates are
mostly similar, clientAuth (as we understand it under eIDAS*) is different.

Thanks,
M.D.

* Article 3
(5) ‘/*authentication*’ means an electronic process that enables the
electronic identification of a natural or legal person, or the origin
and integrity of data in electronic form to be confirmed/.

(1) ‘/*electronic identification*’ means the process of using person
identification data in electronic form uniquely representing either a
natural or legal person, or a natural person representing a legal person/.

(2) ‘/*electronic identification means*’ means a material and/or
immaterial unit containing person identification data and which is used
for authentication for an online service/.