[cabfpub] Question about CN and SAN encoding

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed May 23 15:14:36 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>
wrote:

> With regards to the first two sentences, Firefox had some bugs in this
> area pretty recently, so if you aren’t on the latest version, you might
> experience issues.  They were relatively minor, though.

Could you provide a citation for this? I actually carefully watch all of
those changes, and am not aware of any recent bugs that would overlap with
the ballot or question. It's possible that you're referring to the logic
for when A-Label to U-Labels are displayed, but that, if anything, is a
very clear argument in favor of Ballot 202, and against U-Labels within CNs.