[cabfpub] For Discussion: S/MIME Working Group Charter

Dimitris Zacharopoulos jimmy at it.auth.gr
Fri May 18 04:57:39 UTC 2018

On 18/5/2018 2:51 πμ, Ryan Sleevi via Public wrote:
> I don't think it's a cross-EKU situation, though, but I'm glad we're
> in agreement.
>
> An email server certificate is an id-kp-serverAuth EKU. That's already
> covered by another WG

I sincerely hope that id-kp-clientAuth EKU will also be covered by this
WG since there will be common validation requirements for Subject
information, as with S/MIME. It seems too much overhead to spawn an
entirely different WG to deal just with clientAuth.

If people agree, how about using the name "Client and S/MIME Certificate
WG" which seems aligned with the "Server Certificate WG"?

Dimitris.