[cabfpub] For Discussion: S/MIME Working Group Charter

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri May 18 01:19:09 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

I hope we can keep this discussion productive, by not misattributing or
misrepresenting positions here. I had hoped the previous reply was
categorically clear as to the position on this matter.

I am more than happy to follow-up with you separately if you are still
confused about this position. I suspect it may have arisen as confusion due
to some Google employees having participated in discussions - in an
explicitly individual capacity that does not represent Google's position on
this matter. I'm sure you can understand that such categorical
misrepresentations only serve, like the proposed charter, to suggest that
there will be difficulty in productively and collaboratively improving
e-mail security.