[cabfpub] For Discussion: S/MIME Working Group Charter

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Thu May 17 23:49:46 UTC 2018

My personal opinion is that cross-EKU chimeras should not exist.  I realize they’re extremely common in the industry, but they’re bad.

DigiCert has had a long and vigorous internal discussion about the correct number of EKUs in a certificate.  I’m a strong proponent of the “exactly one” position, but other people have differing opinions.

I see Ryan agreeing; I think we should do whatever we can to make sure the Working Groups have disjoint and clearly defined scopes.

-Tim