[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL] Reviving Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Fri Jun 22 14:12:27 UTC 2018

I’ll endorse this.

-Tim

From: Public [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Wayne Thayer via Public
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 6:24 PM
To: CA/Browser Forum Public Discussion List <public at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] [EXTERNAL] Reviving Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Our discussion of this proposal at the F2F uncovered two issues:

1. A minor update to section 4.9.5 clarifying that the report the CA must produce within 24 hours of receiving a problem report is meant to be a report on the current status of their investigation. This is now described as a "preliminary report". [1]

2. A long discussion [2] about removing revocation reason 4.9.1.1(4): The CA obtains evidence that the Certificate was misused; The scope of this change (including Geoff's observation about the definition of key compromise and the desire to allow use/misuse to be defined in accordance with RFC 3647) is big enough that I've decided to leave those changes for a separate ballot (that I will propose unless someone else beats me to it).

Are two members willing to endorse the current ballot proposal [3]?

I will convert this to a formal ballot and begin the discussion period after the July 2nd governance change.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] https://github.com/wthayer/documents/commit/0a214f0bb5a09db4d12e2dc6f19463dcdef6c82a

[2] https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2018-June/013547.html