[cabfpub] XMSS became an RFC

philliph at comodo.com philliph at comodo.com
Thu Jun 7 12:43:21 UTC 2018

What the IETF calls a standard and what is generally regarded as an IETF standard have long been two different things.

This is the same classification as every other IETF specified algorithm has been assigned.

My plan for enabling transition to a quantum-secure crypto scheme is focused on a client-side approach using symmetric key as the basis for authentication and encryption. Basically, use public key capabilities while we have them to pre-share secrets and tickets we can use later on if necessary.

XMSS provides a means of bootstrapping new clients (potentially).