[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL] Reviving Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Wayne Thayer wthayer at mozilla.com
Fri Jun 22 00:23:46 UTC 2018

Our discussion of this proposal at the F2F uncovered two issues:

1. A minor update to section 4.9.5 clarifying that the report the CA must
produce within 24 hours of receiving a problem report is meant to be a
report on the current status of their investigation. This is now described
as a "preliminary report". [1]
2. A long discussion [2] about removing revocation reason 4.9.1.1(4): The
CA obtains evidence that the Certificate was misused; The scope of this
change (including Geoff's observation about the definition of key
compromise and the desire to allow use/misuse to be defined in accordance
with RFC 3647) is big enough that I've decided to leave those changes for a
separate ballot (that I will propose unless someone else beats me to it).

Are two members willing to endorse the current ballot proposal [3]?

I will convert this to a formal ballot and begin the discussion period
after the July 2nd governance change.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1]