[cabfpub] List of which CAs use which methods from Section 3.2.2.4?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Thu Jul 12 11:42:02 UTC 2018

Greetings. I am interested in finding out which member CAs use each of the methods listed in Section 3.2.2.4 of the BRs. I looked around the CABF web site and could not find any such list, but could have missed it. If the CABF doesn't keep such a list, does anyone know of an external researcher who has created such a list in the past few years?

Note that I'm not asking for each CA to say on this mailing list "we use 3.2.2.4.1 and 3.2.2.4.6"; that would not be a good use of bandwidth here. I just hope that someone has already collected that data.

A related request would be for the CAs that allow multiple methods to report somewhere what percentage of their certificates from the last year were from each method. I really don't expect that to exist as a whole, but maybe CAs are reporting this on their own sites.

If no one is collecting this information, maybe the CABF could start?

--Paul Hoffman