[cabfpub] [Servercert-wg] Voting Begins: Ballot SC2 - version 2: Validating certificates via CAA CONTACT

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Jul 24 03:28:14 MST 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 5:45 AM Ryan Sleevi <sleevi at google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 3:35 PM Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You left out the fact that Bruce posted very similar text to the
>> validation mailing list well before London.
>>

> As I indicated, I'd tried to find references to it. Do you have a copy of
> the similar text you refer to? Sharing a link is always a great way to make
> sure we're on the same page.
>

>From the archives, it looks like you may have been referencing the thread
on April 12 at
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2018-April/000821.html

If you'll note, in the replies, we raised the same concerns raised in this
thread (e.g.
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2018-April/000822.html and
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2018-April/000824.html), and
offered several possible paths forward - which have been echo'd on both the
original thread (e.g.
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2018-April/000828.html and
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2018-April/000830.html ) and on
this thread.

Some of these concerns have been addressed, but some remain outstanding.