[cabfpub] Switching to a new Server Certificate Working Group mailing list

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Jul 16 00:20:44 UTC 2018

On our SCWG teleconference last Thursday, we discussed how we will move SCWG discussions from the current Public@ list to a new SCWG@ list.  Members recognized that we don't have everyone (Members, public, etc.) moved to the new SCWG mailing list yet.  Some proposed we "double" post everything relating to the SCWG work to both the Public@ and SCWG@ lists for some period of time.

After thinking about it, I think the better plan is to pick a single date (like September 1) and switch all SCWG conversations from the Public list to the SCWG list on that date.  So until Sept. 1 we would only post SCWG messages to the Public list (no double posting), and starting on Sept. 1 we would only post SCWG messages to the SCWC list.  Starting Sept. 1, we would reserve the Public list for CA/Browser Forum matters only.

This will avoid all of us receiving two copies of every message because of double posting.  It will give us about six weeks to make sure the SCWG list has everyone on it before we switch.

What do other members think?