[cabfpub] Voting on Ballot 218

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Tue Jan 30 14:37:55 UTC 2018

Tim - your argument is "who knows if any certs have been misissued under
Method 1" could apply to all other methods.  That's not an argument that
there HAVE been misissued certs.  We have been using the method for many
years at multiple companies  for many major enterprises (who would certainly
be targets for phishing), and no one has ever reported a single case of
misissuance.  I think that's pretty conclusive versus a "who knows"
argument.

Your second statement - that Symantec issued lots of certificates using
Method 1 that DigiCert would never have issued - seems to imply you have
found misissuance by Symantec.  If so, you should probably file an Incident
Report on the Mozilla list and revoke the certs in question.  If you don't
do that, we have to assume the certs were not misissued.

If you can't provide any facts showing misissuance of any cert using Method
1, please stop saying that there has been misissuance.