[cabfpub] Draft Agenda for CA/Browser Teleconference of Jan. 25, 2018 at 11 am Eastern

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Jan 26 09:57:04 MST 2018

On 26/01/18 16:22, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> It's very important to note here - until the Chair has performed their
> duty, the Balloted documents are Draft Guidelines - and are not Final
> Guidelines or Final Maintenance Guidelines.

Well, section 2.4(h) is carefully and intentionally worded such that the
Chair reports the "automatic" approval of the vote, rather than enabling
it. So that section is not an issue. This was discussed at the time we
redrafted this section, with the possibility of a chair not fulfilling
their duties being the exact concern which motivated this wording.

However you are right that if the Review Periods were not validly
started, then they cannot have validly ended, and it seems the Review
Periods require the full text to be made available in order to be
validly initiated :-(

> Let us now look to the Baseline Requirements [4]. As of time of this
> e-mail, the Website lists the "Current Version" as BR 1.5.1, adopted in
> Ballot 197. It lists versions 1.5.2 [5], 1.5.3 [6], and 1.5.4 [7] as
> pending IPR review, the results of Ballots 190 [8], 214 [9], and 215
> [10] respectively.

But I don't think this mislabelling has a bylaw-legal effect in itself.