[cabfpub] Ballot 218: Remove validation methods #1 and #5

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Jan 5 19:07:03 MST 2018

I agree with Rich here. I don't think the proposed #1 would offer anything
new here - #1 .1 simply refers to .2/.3 as equivalent, and #1 .2 is, as
Rich points out, "Any other method"

Notable on the issuance side is the other forms of validation are
appropriate/usable - for example, technical methods of validation. .gr is
not the only registry to restrict information to its WHOIS (.gov is perhaps
a notable example), but the other methods of control already suffice for
such cases.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 11:31 AM, Rich Smith via Public <public at cabforum.org>