[cabfpub] Attendance of Interested Parties at special Validation Working Group meeting on Tuesday, March 6 - Amazon Offices, Herndon, VA

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sat Feb 3 19:36:54 UTC 2018

I asked Peter about room capacity, and he responded as follows:

The main room holds 80 and can be split into two parts that each hold 40.  I've also requested a second room for Tuesday that is nearby that can seat 14.  There is also a casual area that can be used for side chats that has a half dozen tables each seating four and a couch/chair reception waiting area that can seat 6-8.

I believe that Interested Parties have participated (at their option) on WG teleconferences in the past without any invitation from the Chair.  I was thinking that same option for Interested Parties also extended to in-person meetings of WGs - but not to teleconferences or in-person plenary meetings of the CA/Browser Forum itself.  We should probably clarify one way or another in the Bylaws to avoid spending more time on this in the future.

In any event and for the avoidance of doubt, I already issued a general invitation yesterday to all Interested Parties to attend (in person, or via teleconference facilities) the special VWG meeting we will have in Herndon, VA on Tuesday, March 6 - and I repeat the invitation again here.

Interested Parties - if you want to attend this VWG meeting (in person or remotely), please send your name and contact information (email and phone) and whether you plan to attend in person or remotely to the following three people: Tim Hollebeek, Wayne Thayer, and me - so we can create a list to provide you with logistical information and make sure we have enough room.

tim.hollebeek at digicert.com<mailto:tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>; wthayer at mozilla.com<mailto:wthayer at mozilla.com>; kirk.hall at entrustdatacard.com<mailto:kirk.hall at entrustdatacard.com>