[cabfpub] Attendance of Interested Parties at Working Group meetings

Dean Coclin dean.coclin at digicert.com
Fri Feb 2 20:38:29 MST 2018

The original intent of the bylaws stating that people other than members needed a chair invitation to attend F2F meetings was, as you state, to insure the meeting size didn't get out of control lest we need an auditorium for the meetings.  The WG meetings are a part of the F2F. I think it's clear that anyone other than a member cannot attend w/o an invitation. Having said that, according to the wiki, we are at 34 signed up for the meeting, hence there is capacity for additional people (assuming there isn't a rush of sign ups the last week). I would encourage members that are attending to insure they are on the wiki list by next week.

Regarding the all day validation group meeting, I think that is fine, given that they have some critical items to discuss. Would it be possible to also hold the Governance meeting the same day?  I don't think many of the Governance people are in the Validation group and hence we can be more efficient by doing those two on Tuesday. You could then do a policy and net sec working group on Weds.  Just a suggestion.

Dean