[cabfpub] [Servercert-wg] Ballot SC4 - email and CAA CONTACT

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Wed Aug 8 23:46:05 UTC 2018

Ryan Sleevi via Public writes:

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 6:38 PM Tim Hollebeek <tim.hollebeek at digicert.com>
> wrote:
>
> > If certificates need to be readily available to everyone, we can’t force
> > arcana onto less sophisticated users.  Remember, there’s plenty of evidence
> > showing that people adding CAA records often misspell letsencrypt.
> >

> Link?

I have no position on the underlying issue, but this is probably a
reference to this research paper:

https://www.net.in.tum.de/fileadmin/bibtex/publications/papers/caa_ccr.pdf

(I also do a fair amount of support for Let's Encrypt users and can
confirm that people on the Internet often misspell and/or misunderstand
things.)

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/