[cabfpub] [Servercert-wg] Ballot SC6 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Wayne Thayer wthayer at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 20 16:51:40 UTC 2018

This has the potential to cause confusion, so I'd like to attempt to fix
it. Given that a reasonable interpretation of the existing definition of
key compromise encompasses reasons 12 and 13, but I want to leave those two
reasons in the document for the sake of clarity as Ryan suggests, maybe I
should just move those two up to the 24-hour section? I could also be
persuaded that a vulnerability is different than proof of key compromise,
in which case 12 could stay in the 5-day section and we could move "or
there exists a practical technique by which an unauthorized person may
discover its value" from the definition of key compromise to 12. What do
others think?

- Wayne