[cabfpub] For Discussion: Code Signing Working Group Charter

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Apr 24 08:13:56 MST 2018

Given that the id-kp-codeSigning EKU is a context-dependent, and given that
only one software vendor has ever participated in such a WG, does it make
sense to either scope the activities of the WG to a defined product subset
- or to a defined EKU? Alternatively, should there be a minimum amount of
distinct and interoperable Certificate Consumers before undertaking such
the work? This is far more relevant to code signing than any other of the
recognized key usages - by definition, code-signing is specific to the
platform(s) that execute that code, and these platforms are fundamentally
incompatible.