[cabfpub] Ballot 223 - Update BR Section 8.4 for CA audit criteria: Request to postpone it

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Mon Apr 23 07:53:12 MST 2018

There’s no need to postpone the discussion phase, as the discussion phase can last for as long as is necessary to get the ballot to where we want it to be.  That’s why it’s listed as 7+ days.  The end time should be listed as “not before 30 April 2018” instead of “30 April 2018”, in line with what we did for other recent ballots.

Also, it is worth mentioning that this ballot came out of an oversight by the Governance Change Working Group, where we accidentally didn’t include Dimitris’ changes in the Governance Reform ballot, despite the fact that we said we were going to.  It would be a shame to hold up these improvements for a long time by tying them to other larger efforts.  I could be wrong, but “define more precise requirements on standards for conducting the audits” by referencing new standards sounds like something that could take a long while to get agreement on.

Fixing the definition of “national scheme” sounds much more doable, and suggesting a concrete proposal of how it could be done would help.

-Tim