[cabfpub] Relation to the IETF

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Wed Sep 27 14:16:24 UTC 2017

On Sep 26, 2017, at 9:40 PM, Kirk Hall via Public <public at cabforum.org> wrote:
> Certainly we have the power to do this, and it has nothing to do with IETF or standards setting bodies

Just a small nit here, but the IETF often appreciates hearing from other bodies who are implementing IETF standards about how that implementation is going, even if the message is "the standard is wrong here and here". Hearing that from a group of providers/vendors is more useful than hearing it from just an individual. It doesn't have to be an official communication (since the IETF and the CABForum don't have liaisons). A message to a related IETF mailing list saying "we found this when we implemented, we documented it here, let us know if we can be of more help" is very useful to the IETF process.

--Paul Hoffman (not speaking for anyone)