[cabfpub] List of Mozilla URLs important to CAs

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Sep 18 22:46:00 UTC 2017

I emailed Kathleen Wilson of Mozilla saying I wasn't sure if I had all the useful or required Mozilla links, and asked her for a summary.  She graciously provided what follows - including the master home page https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA.  I'm posting it to the Forum public list in case it's useful to others as well.  [Thanks, Kathleen.]

We have added a requirement to Mozilla's Root Store Policy that CAs follow the mozilla.dev.security.policy forum, and this was stated in the April 2017 CA Communication: "In addition to responding to the action items in this survey, we are instituting a program requirement that you follow discussions in the mozilla.dev.security.policy forum, ..."

But it is fair that CAs will miss some things depending on how active the forum is. That is why I send the CA Communications to specifically call CAs' attention to updates of importance, and CAs are required to respond (via the surveys) that they have acknowledge such changes.

CAs in our program should be aware that our program information is available from here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA  But I can add that to my next CA Communication, just to make sure.