[cabfpub] CAA checking: anecdotal reports?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at icann.org
Sun Sep 10 15:19:27 UTC 2017

Greetings. I'm interested in how CAA is working out for both the names and CA communities.

Is someone collecting anecdotal reports of certificate non-issuance due to CAA checking? I kind of imagine they fall into at least two buckets: "I really do own the name but don't know how that wrong CAA record got there" and "As a CA, we have seen X blocked attempts to use us to try to get certs that had CAA records from other vendors". I guess I'm also interested in "About X% of our renewals are names that have us correctly listed in a CAA record".

--Paul Hoffman