[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: Fixing our voting process, again

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Sep 27 17:12:56 MST 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Kirk Hall via Public <public at cabforum.org>
wrote:

> Agreed on your first point - CAs "MAY" use a change during the 30 day IP
> Review period, not "MUST".
>
> I don't think I agree that a Ballot does not become effective until it is
> published in a new version of the BRs.

Thanks for clarifying your disagreement. Do you believe your position is
supported by Section 2.2 of the Baseline Requirements? If so, could you
clarify why, so that we can ensure the text is correct and does not lead to
such misinterpretations?

"The CA SHALL publicly give effect to these Requirements and represent that
it will adhere to the latest
published version."

Can you indicate how stating "the ballot was approved" constitutes 'the
latest published version'? I can see no possible reading to support such a
view.