[cabfpub] Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed Sep 13 12:18:23 MST 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.rowley at digicert.com>
wrote:

> Sure, but I plan on uploading all these to the Mozilla dev list.  Emailing
> the CAB Forum as well seems like duplicative effort, especially since the
> emails aren’t going to be readily collaborated.  If the CABForum is going
> to collect the problem reports, some format other than email would be much
> better for data collection.

I'm not sure I understand your point about collaborated, but I think you
may be misunderstanding the goal.

I appreciate the desire for transparency and engagement with the community,
and I hope all CAs aspire to that level. However, I think the goal here is
minimally to ensure public visibility, in a self-managed form (that is, I
have difficulty imagining the CABF requiring an MDSP posting). I think
going above and beyond is good, but i think we should set minimum
reasonable requirements.

As I noted, I'm not wedded to the idea of public@, but I think there should
be a CABF-managed, publicly-visible list for discussion about the
challenges here in this space :)