[cabfpub] Ballot 213 - Revocation Timeline Extension

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Sep 13 11:52:26 MST 2017

I agree with the goal of getting this information out there, and using the CAB Forum this way seems in scope. Per the bylaws: “Members of the CA/Browser Forum have worked closely together in defining the guidelines and means of implementation for best practices as a way of providing a heightened security for Internet transactions and creating a more intuitive method of displaying secure sites to Internet users.” (Section 1)

However, I’m struggling to see why the CAB Forum would want to collect this info as a requirement rather than allowing CAs to submit the information voluntarily when there are questions.  Usually, we require the location of the disclosure be set in the CPS/CP, not as an email to the CAB Forum.  Shouldn’t we follow that format here?