[cabfpub] CAA checking: anecdotal reports?

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue Sep 12 10:38:47 MST 2017

Here's some more data.  Attached is a complete list of all CAA records where
we've rejected issuance. I think most of these are tests being run to verify
DigiCert's CAA record checking (either CAAtestsuite or the Bear one). We have
issued for cacerts.digicert.com as a domain, but we permit *.digicert.com
right now as a valid CAA setting.  I think we also saw and permitted
caa.digicert.com but that was before the 8th.