[cabfpub] EV 11.4.1 Business Address Verification

Scott Rea scott at scottrea.com
Mon Sep 4 02:42:19 MST 2017

On 9/4/2017 1:30 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 04/09/17 10:17, Scott Rea wrote:
>> Its different for a company - the company has to have a physical
>> location in the jurisdiction of the registering agency. The problem is
>> that the description of the physical location can be problematic e.g.
>> "warehouse behind the pink shop half way between road 14 and road 17 on
>> street M".
>
> Right. My point is: if you have to prove you have a "physical location
> in the jurisdiction of the registering agency" to get a PO Box, why can
> we not use whatever method they use for confirming that, to confirm the
> same fact for EV issuance?

We could, proving they have a physical location is not the issue, it's
having done that, providing an accurate, consistent, repeatable
description of what that address is - is the challenge. The PO Box
becomes that after verification, but EVG says we can't use use PO Boxes
even tho in this case, it may have just become the best consistent
description that we can use...

--
Scott Rea, MSc, CISSP
Ph# (801) 874-4114