[cabfpub] EV 11.2.1 Private Organization registration number or date

Scott Rea scott at scottrea.com
Mon Sep 4 00:54:36 MST 2017

In the use case stated here, the applicant only does not qualify because
there is not a unique ID and date registered with an accepted authority
(if I understand things correctly). So why not ask the organization to
register their company with whoever the country RA is (assuming the
country has an ISO/ITU designated country RA) and then the resulting OID
becomes the ID, a date will be assigned to its registration and the
country RA as part of the registration process ensures that the any
future claimants trying to re-register the same details is the original
entity or not.
Is this an acceptable solution? It would seem that it does not involve
much work and would ensure the technical requirements of EVG are met and
maintained...
No need to change existing EVG.
Thoughts?

Regards,
-Scott

On 9/2/2017 12:16 AM, Ryan Sleevi via Public wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Rich Smith <richard.smith at comodo.com
> <mailto:richard.smith at comodo.com>> wrote:
>
>     __ __
>
>     __ __