[cabfpub] BR 3.2.2.4.4 question

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu Oct 12 21:00:16 UTC 2017

Section 3.2.2.4.4 states that CAs can validate an email by “(i) sending an
email to one or more addresses created by using 'admin', 'administrator',
'webmaster', 'hostmaster', or 'postmaster' as the local part, followed by
the at‐ sign ("@"), followed by an Authorization Domain Name, (ii)
including a Random Value in the email, and (iii) receiving a confirming
response utilizing the Random Value”.

Recently, we’ve been getting requests to send the email to the Spanish word
for administrator (“Administrador” according to Google translate - I don’
t speak Spanish). I don’t think this is permitted because the BRs
specifically state that the five key email words permitted.   Should
translations of those words be allowed?

Jeremy