[cabfpub] Obtaining an EV cert for phishing

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Nov 28 18:58:07 UTC 2017

To be fair, I was grossly simplifying the argument that it is:
a) A crime to mislead a QGIS, QIIS, or QTIS within either the Jurisdiction
of Incorporation or the Place of Business (as Ben and Kirk suggested)
b) A crime to use cert for 'evil' purposes, as Kirk suggested

There are many other reductions of the arguments being made here that would
also apply, but I thought it worth pointing out that the argument that it'd
be a crime to commit crime, is somewhat of a flawed tautology, and by no
means a way to conclude we'd prevent crime by criminalizing crime.