[cabfpub] Path forward for DV cert subjects

Dimitris Zacharopoulos jimmy at it.auth.gr
Mon Nov 6 06:33:45 UTC 2017

Hi Peter,

In the BRs section 7.1.6.1,

"If the Certificate asserts the policy identifier of 2.23.140.1.2.1,
then it MUST NOT include organizationName,
givenName, surname, streetAddress, localityName, stateOrProvinceName, or
postalCode in the Subject field."

2.23.140.1.2.1 is the identifier for DV Certificates. Note that
"countryName" is missing from the list of explicitly forbidden subject
values for DV Certificates. IMO it is reasonable to allow the
countryName field in the subject for DV Certificates.

Dimitris.