[cabfpub] Informal discussion of Code of Conduct Ballot

Virginia Fournier vfournier at apple.com
Tue May 2 01:16:58 UTC 2017

Hi Jeremy,

I think the words used are pretty clear, and they are used in other SDO Codes of Conduct without any confusion, problem or issue.  If you’d like to propose specific words that you’d suggest we use instead, we’d be happy to consider them and determine if they are any more clear.

We should keep in mind that these are common sense, plain English terms.  It is troubling that people are picking at words like “demeaning” and “inappropriate.”  Do Forum members need to reserve the right to engage in certain types of demeaning and inappropriate conduct?

It’s not about stifling conversation.  It’s about treating fellow Forum members with professionalism and respect.  I don’t understand why there is resistance to that.

Best regards,

Virginia Fournier
Senior Standards Counsel
 Apple Inc.