[cabfpub] Is CN value required in the SAN?

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Wed May 10 12:36:53 UTC 2017

In reading the BRs, I see the requirement that the SAN must contain at least one value (7.1.4.2.1), but I can't find a reference that the value in the CN needs to be in the SAN.  Am I missing that link somewhere, or can the value in the CN be omitted from the SAN?  With Chrome depreciating use of CN, CAs will certainly want to include the value in the SAN, but is there a BR requirement that the CN value must be in the SAN?