[cabfpub] Preballot - Revised Ballot 190

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Sat May 20 08:11:33 MST 2017

> On May 20, 2017, at 7:41 AM, Ryan Sleevi via Public <public at cabforum.org> wrote:
>

> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.rowley at digicert.com <mailto:jeremy.rowley at digicert.com>> wrote:
> “The certificate request MAY include all factual information about the Applicant to be included in the Certificate, and such additional information as is necessary for the CA to obtain from the Applicant in order to comply with these Requirements and the CA’s Certificate Policy and/or Certification Practice Statement.”
>
> This indicates a certificate request may include partial information.
> I appreciate you mentioning this - as I've mentioned it several times - but this doesn't address the concern related to 4.1.2

How about we solve this by changing 4.2.1 to say:

"The	CA	MUST have obtained documents	and	data used to	verify	certificate	information no	more	than	825	days	prior	to	issuing	the	Certificate.”

This could also move to section 3.2 itself to help readers and implementers, as having it down in 4.2.1 has clearly caused confusion.

Thanks,
Peter