[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: Revised Notice of Review Period - Ballot 198 - .Onion Revisions

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu May 18 14:26:39 MST 2017

Yes Kirk, your understanding is correct. What Geoff and Gerv have offered
is consistent with what I proposed as "Option 3"

I made the following suggestions on how to resolve this:

> 3) The ballot is invalid (due to the inconsistency)
>   - In this case, we're saying the ballot is null because of the mismatch
>   - Supporting Argument: The Bylaws in 2.3(a) indicate that a Draft
> Guideline Ballot proposing a Final Maintenance Guideline will include a
> redline or comparison, and that such redline or comparison be made against
> the Final Guideline section(s) as they exist at the time the ballot is
> proposed. Jeremy's redline was not against that section, ergo, was not a
> valid ballot.
>   - Solution Suggestion: Hold a ballot to agree on this interpretation for
> this specific ballot
>   - Solution Suggestion p2: Adopt it fixed

It sounds like there's at least sufficient agreement here to endorse a
ballot, which would unambiguously resolve any questions of process for this
or the future :)