[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: Preballot - Revised Ballot 190

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed May 17 18:12:31 MST 2017

Does that mean you'll be withdrawing the proposal to reuse data, which is a
new provision?

I hope you can understand the desire here to find an equitable balance that
works for all parties. We're putting the ecosystem at risk due to some CAs
poor security practices. Being transparent about that does not seem an
unreasonable request, particularly if it can help ensure relying parties
know how to differentiate the certificates from those that have invested in
modern security practices.