[cabfpub] Domain validation

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon May 15 15:54:30 MST 2017

Jeremy,

I think the trend has been to try to keep revisions simple - so that we
don't introduce any unintentional scope. Could you expand on the reasoning
for coupling these? As we saw with Ballot 193/197, it seems like it makes
it more error prone.

You posed it as a ballot, so it makes it hard to comment on line items
(Using word to "track changes" is not a very publicly accountable or
managable process), but I'm hoping to better understand.

Could you
1) Highlight what you believe are inconsistencies in the existing language?
2) Highlight why you believe there are differences between subdomains and
authorized domain names?