[cabfpub] Informal discussion of Code of Conduct Ballot

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Mon May 1 17:55:31 MST 2017

Suggestions:

(b)  Refrain from conduct __within the Forum__ such as:

*	Directly insulting or demeaning another person

[JR] This seems vague. Some people take things as demeaning when they are not meant to be demeaning.  I think this could be used to stifle conversation. We’ve had accusations that conduct has been insulting/demeaning on the forum. Would you say it’s risen to that level? I support the principle, but would like clarity so we don’t get end up mixing persons with ideas eventually.

*	Touching another person in a physically inappropriate way.
*	Deliberately intimidating, stalking or following (online or in person) another person.

[JR] Following online? Like on twitter?

*	Inappropriately disrupting official Forum events, including meetings, talks, and presentations.

[JR] Inappropriately is too vague. Are we trying to change a specific behavior at the CAB Forum? Could we clarify what this means?

*	Spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting, and other attention-stealing behavior.

[JR] Baiting/flaming are too similar to criticism of the idea. Can we add clarity?