[cabfpub] Ballot 190

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon May 1 08:18:18 MST 2017

Well, I was discussing in the broader context :)

For example, you "could" simply indicate

BRComplianceDetails ::= SEQUENCE {
  version   OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
  validationMethod  INTEGER
}

As an extension

There are, of course, more efficient ways to structure this data (for
example, expandable enum of INTEGER values for version). I just provided
this as a quick and dirty example of how you could provide this information
within a certificate in a clear and auditable way. It could allow, for
example, auditors to ensure that their random sampling methodology
appropriately covered all validation methods the CA practiced, without
undermining the purpose and value of sampling.