[cabfpub] IP address validation proposal

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Mar 27 08:59:46 UTC 2017

On 24/03/17 01:10, Jeremy Rowley via Public wrote:
> This is the proposed permitted procedures for IP Address validation and
> removes the “any other method” section. Looking forward to your comments.

* 3.2.2.5.1 is missing an "if" and a terminating full stop.

* I suspect the command in 3.2.2.5.6 is not complete; it is at least
missing a "|" character.

* Thanks for making the method numbering "match" between the two
sections. Re: 3.2.2.5.11: Are we going to mark .11 as [Reserved] in both
the Domain Name and IP Address lists, as it used to be the number for
"any other method"? Or are we happy with reusing it?

* 3.2.2.5.8: This isn't the method you said at the F2F you were going to
remove, is it?

* 3.2.2.5.11: Is this missing the step of the CA then reading the
Request Token or Random Value back using HTTP? What is the point of
putting the value onto the device if nothing reads it?

HTH,