[cabfpub] Question on form of Review Notices

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Mar 23 15:49:21 UTC 2017

Hi Kirk,

This was a subject of great discussion during the proposed adoption of the
bylaws ballot on this point. This was a significant concern for Google, and
why we had concerns with the proposed approach.

I don't want to misrepresent Virginia's interpretation, but my (perhaps
incomplete) understanding was that the process is as follows:
- Ballots are circulated in "draft" form (e.g. do not require a full and
complete document)
- Ballots are adopted in said form
- Once a Ballot has completed voting, it is integrated into the full
document
- The full document is then circulated for review

Our adopted bylaws approach allows for every ballot to be sequentially
voted on and completed, so there's always a 'canonical' document of truth,
and changes are incorporated in that order.

If two ballots are adopted at an identical time, then it's suitable to
circulate a single full document that serves as the Notice of Review Period
for both ballots.

Virginia,

Did I get that correct? I seem to recall an alternative suggestion that the
circulation is equivalent to what was presented in the ballot (e.g. partial
document, not full document), but I cannot recall if you support or oppose
that.