[cabfpub] C=GR, C=UK exceptions in BRs

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Sat Mar 18 00:24:24 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:22 PM, Kirk Hall <Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com>
wrote:

> Ryan – you raise a good point.  Is it ever right to deviate from published
> industry standards, even for good cause?

Hi Kirk,

I did not raise that point. While I appreciate you wanting to discuss this
point, it's not relevant to the question I must again ask you:

For this specific case of deviating from ISO 3166, can you articulate why
you believe it useful to deviate? Do you disagree with the assessment of
risks? Do you believe they are not issues? Do you believe identity
information in certificates is useful?

I appreciate your thoughtful consideration to these simple questions.