[cabfpub] C=GR, C=UK exceptions in BRs

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Sat Mar 18 00:19:53 UTC 2017

Ah, yes – now I see your offer of support to Dimitris:

For what it's worth - I agree with this sentiment, and it's worth considering, separate of 9.16.3, whether to _revise_ the BRs to accomodate this case. Such revisions must account for ambiguity. In many ways, the BRs strive to eliminate the rampant ambiguity that existed due to CAs' various practices, as a whole (since no two CAs really have the same CP/CPS), and so we should strive, as much as possible, to unambiguously represent the information that members see as valuable.

But when I suggested what you had earlier suggested - a BR ballot to accommodate the case – you then opposed my suggestion.  That was the source of the confusion.

So are you willing to support a ballot to allow C-EL?