[cabfpub] Voting has started on Ballot 193 - 825-day Certificate Lifetimes

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Mar 15 14:49:15 UTC 2017

On 11/03/17 17:20, Kirk Hall via Public wrote:
> Voting has started on  Ballot 193 - 825-day Certificate Lifetimes (shown
> below and attached).  Voting will end on Friday, March 17, 2017 at 23:00
> UTC.

Mozilla understands that this ballot represents an improvement on the
status quo, and we do not wish to oppose improvements. However, we feel
it is unwise to pass such a ballot without having resolved the question
of whether the lifetime given in it is an end-state or a stepping-stone,
because that means the ecosystem is still left in a state of uncertainty.

Mozilla therefore votes ABSTAIN.