[cabfpub] Naming rules

Brown, Wendy (10421) wendy.brown at protiviti.com
Tue Mar 14 12:24:01 UTC 2017

I think the real question to be answered is what is the purpose of the naming rules in the BR.  If the requirement for locality and states are to be able to locate the organization who owns the certificate and if the current naming conventions of a given PKI, whether government or not allows one to be able to do this, why impose arbitrary naming conventions that require a PKI that has long been in operation with specified naming conventions change?

Just a personal opinion.

Thanks,
   wendy