[cabfpub] Results on Ballot 187 - Make CAA Checking Mandatory

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Fri Mar 17 10:18:04 MST 2017

Gerv, I would suggest simply removing "iodef" from "CAs MUST process the issue, issuewild, and iodef property tags". To me, the word "process" means to take some kind of action, as we must do with issue and issuewild tags. From what others have said, if the iodef record isn't marked critical, I can ignore it, and if it is marked critical, I can ignore it as long as I recognize it as an iodef record. I wouldn't call that "processing" the record.

-Rick