[cabfpub] Results on Ballot 187 - Make CAA Checking Mandatory

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Wed Mar 15 11:17:42 MST 2017

Gerv,

There's another "bug" that I hope you'll consider clarifying regarding iodef
records.

Part of the ballot says "CAs MUST process the issue, issuewild, and iodef
property tags"

Another part says " CAs... SHOULD dispatch reports of such issuance requests
to the contact(s) stipulated in the CAA iodef record(s), if present."

I assume you meant that CAs MUST dispatch reports to the contacts in iodef
records, otherwise "processing" an iodef tag is the same as ignoring it.

-Rick