[cabfpub] TIME FOR CHANGE THE SSL-RULES

LEROY Franck franck.leroy at docapost.fr
Fri Mar 10 08:58:48 UTC 2017

Hello

Can we block this kind of spam ?

Franck
Certinomis CTO

De : Questions [mailto:questions-bounces at cabforum.org] De la part de Yaqub Müller
Envoyé : jeudi 9 mars 2017 23:19
À : public at cabforum.org; questions at cabforum.org
Objet : [cabfquest] TIME FOR CHANGE THE SSL-RULES

Hello everybody!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

T I M E    F O R    C H A N G E    T H E    S S L – R U L E S  ! ! !    63 characters are the highest possible allowed amount of characters in a domain name,
but a SSL Certificate can only protect a 64 character domain! Where is the SSL Certificate for a 63-character domain name (=71 character domain)?

Whoever read this, please take all your energy to pursue this matter indefatigably, ambitiously and actively,
and bring the concern in this case so long forward until the weird rules (SSL Certificate limits at 64 characters) are being changed
and the possibility to connect a SSL certificate with a 63-character domain name (71-character domain) is really given.

★ Also a reason, why it is important to approve a SSL Certificate which can be used for all domains, is:

The NEW TLD's (new top-level domain respectively domain name extensions).

If we take for example the new TLD .international (dot international), we have an extension with 14 characters (inclusive the dot before international).

In this sense:
A domain which contains .international can currently have:
a maximum length of only 50 characters (if I don't want protect the www. before the domain name)
and only 46 characters (if I want also protect the www. before the domain name)
...regarding the use of a SSL certificate.

★ Why it is still not possible to get a SSL Certificate for a 63-character-domain name (overall a 71-character domain)?

Normally, if a domain already exists (registered), it should also be possible to set a SSL Certificate on it. No matter how long the domain is.

THE NEW RULE SHOULD BE:

Every domain you can register, you also can connect it with an Original Officially Approved reliable SSL Certificate. No matter how long the domain is.

SSL world, please make a change, please make an Update!

Best Regards and welcome to the Moment – The Moment is NOW.
DOMAINEMPEROR.com | 63KING.com | KINGOF.com